alffy74 alffy74 غير متصل  
مواطن من سماعي
رقم العضوية:109461

تاريخ التسجيل: novembre 2007
الجنسية: لبنانية
الإقامة: Canada
المشاركات: 41
افتراضي Re: صوت القاهرره وظلم أم كلثوم

I am a new member on this site and I can't describe my joy and excitement to have finally found a website where Umm Kulthym's art is shared and discussed with such passion.
I can understand that in the past, the technology available didn't allow to commercialize recordings longer than one hour. But what is the excuse nowadays? Almost anything can be presented in a very good quality. All we need is initiative. I simply can't accept or understand why the legacy of the greatest Arab singer of all times is treated with such neglect. We are lucky cause many members are sharing their rare recordings here, but what excuse does "Sawt el Qahira" have for not presenting Umm Kulthum in the best possible way. Why can't performances such as Morocco's, Kuwait, Paris, and even her Egyptian outstanding performances be released, or at least, available upon request? I was listening to Zikrayat in Aley, Lebanon 1955. This is a masterpiece and so far the best performance for this wonderful song I have ever heard. The new generation of listeners should be able to access these songs so that they catch and understand the essence of Umm Kulthum's greatness. Otherwise, she will only be a singer who boringly repeats the same line over and over. Unfortunately, some of the the songs available in the market are just edited in a way where the same paragraph is repeated in the exact same way. This is a shame. We should be very protective and promoting of our greatest female vocalist's legacy.
Best,
Alfred
رد مع اقتباس